Tuesday, June 13, 2006

By the way...

What is everyone doing? (Or is that an embarrassing question?) I'm working on the
third -- and LAST, I absolutely swear it! -- volume of my science fiction pastiche trilogy.
The characters are based on the pulps Futuremen, the plot is as dumb as I can make it, and
the idea is to cram in as many references to other writers' characters as I can possibly
remember. Meanwhile, I'm waiting for the publisher to release "Corpse With the Key,"
the fifth in my Detective Mark Stoddard series. When I get done with the pastiche, I'm
going to write a sequel to "Murder at the Worldcon." Just an eBook slut, that's me.


4 Comments:

Blogger James Lincoln Warren said...

I working on a new PI story. I have some great scenes, but I haven't figured out exactly how to relate them given that the story is 1st Person POV and the narrator isn't present for some of them.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Dian said...

Yes, that IS a problem with 1st person pov. The only time I tried that was in a novella called "Golden Circle" and I wound up with the narrator being the victim of several attacks simply because I needed him to be there. I feel much more comfortable with 3rd person.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Dian said...

Sounds good to me. Making a million is a desirable goal. I'll sling dirt with the best (worst?) of them if someone pays me enough -- the true hack spirit!

2:58 PM  
Blogger FizzWater said...

Currently, I'm refusing to work on anything until I get paid.

In the pipeline:

My memoirs of growing up as someone else

My abridged biography of Millard Fillmore.

My epic novel "Birds Out of Pleather" - about a lonely hardware store clerk who realizes his dream of making low-cost loveseats in the shapes of state birds.

My short story "Cumberland Gap" - about the pitfalls and pratfalls of a retail store that opens in the most unlikely of places.

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment