Friday, July 07, 2006

Everybody's Doin' the Meme-bo

Laura Lippman, over at her blog The Memory Project.

has posted anther on of those meme thingies, which basically consists of asking a lot of nosy questions and challenging people to answer. Originally, I think. you were supposed to demand answers form three specific people, but I'm glad to see people have quit doing that.
Anyway:

1. Have you ever been searched by the cops?

No. Been stopped and questioned a few times. One time I gave the officer a lecture on civil liberties while using the hood of a friend's car as a dais. This is why I don't drink Tequila anymore.

2. Do you close your eyes on roller coasters?

No.

3. When’s the last time you’ve been sledding?

2002. Last snowfall we had here.

4. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone?

Is this an offer?

5. Do you believe in ghosts?

Yes. Energy can neither be created nor destroyed, no? And what is life but a form of energy?

6. Do you consider yourself creative?

Most of the time.

7. Do you think O.J. killed his wife?

Yes. As Billy Crystal put it, "You got blood in your car?"

8. Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie?

Angelina Jolie. The kind you don't take home to mutha.

9. Do you stay friends with your ex’s?

Some.

10. Do you know how to play poker?

Is this an offer?

11. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight?

Yes.

12. What’s your favorite commercial?

Currently. "Stunt City"


13. What are you allergic to?

Nothing.

14. If you’re driving in the middle of the night, and no one is around do you run red lights?

I'll roll them, but not outright run them.

15. Do you have a secret that no one knows but you?

Yes.

16. Boston Red Sox or New York Yankees?

Sox, baby.

17. Have you ever been Ice Skating?

Yes. It didn't go well.

18. How often do you remember your dreams?

I remember them in the morning but they fade by the end of the day unless I write them down.

19. When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?

Watching Raising Arizona for the first time, so whenever that came out.

20. Can you name 5 songs by The Beatles?

Yes.

21. What’s the one thing on your mind now?

Sex. Duh.

22. Do you know who Ghetto-ass Barbie is?

No but I can figure it out.

23. Do you always wear your seat belt?

Yes, otherwise the car won't stop dinging.

24. What cell service do you use?

I refuse to answer.

25. Do you like Sushi?

Yes.

26. Have you ever narrowly avoided a fatal accident?

Yes.

27. What do you wear to bed?

Fake antlers.

28. Been caught stealing?

Not yet.

29. What shoe size do you have?

13. wide.

30. Do you truly hate anyone?

Yes.

31. Classic Rock or Rap?

Classic Rock althought there is some rap I like.

32. If you could sleep with one famous person, who would it be?

See question 8.

33. Favorite Song?

Won't Get Fooled Again.

34. Have you ever sang in front of the mirror?

Yes.

35. What food do you find disgusting?

Sea Urchin.

36. Do you sing in the shower ?

Yes, but only Gregorian Chants.

37. Did you ever play, “I’ll show you mine, if you show me yours”?

Is this an offer?

38. Have you ever made fun of your friends behind their back?

Oh, my friends and I rip on other friends who aren't there all the time, but we share it with them when they show up. It's a guy thing.

39. Have you ever stood up for someone you hardly knew?

It's what I do for a living.

40. Have you ever been punched in the face?

Is this an offer?


3 Comments:

Blogger James Lincoln Warren said...

1. Have you ever been searched by the cops?

Yes. In college, a friend and I got into an argument while driving at night in rural Texas. I pulled over to continue the discussion and ten minutes later, there were cops everywhere. Seems I'd pulled into somebody's dirt driveway.

2. Do you close your eyes on roller coasters?

What for?

3. When's the last time you've been sledding?

1964.

4. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone?

If the person were, say, Jessica Alba, well OK then. Not if it were Harvey Feierstein, though. My tabby cat Molly, definitely. Goats are out.

5. Do you believe in ghosts?

No. Superstitious gobbledy-gook.

6. Do you consider yourself creative?

Mais bien sûr.

7. Do you think O.J. killed his wife?

Beyond a reasonable doubt. I live three blocks directly south of where the s.o.b. did it and had to put up with the sick traffic of looky-loos for three years afterwards.

8. Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie?

Hedy Lamarr.

9. Do you stay friends with your ex's?

One. Haven't actually seen her in 26 years, but we still email each other a couple of times a year.

10. Do you know how to play poker?

How do you think I paid my rent through college?

11. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight?

Of course. See Question 10.

12. What's your favorite commercial?

I loathe propaganda in all its nefarious forms.

13. What are you allergic to?

Bad diction.

14. If you're driving in the middle of the night, and no one is around do you run red lights?

No. I also completely stop at stop signs when nobody's there. There are two kinds of crime: malum in se, things that are evil by their very nature, and malum in prohibitum, things that are illegal because they have been prohibited by law for the public weal. If you believe in the principles of law, then it is a matter of principle to obey the laws.

15. Do you have a secret that no one knows but you?

Yes. A person without secrets obviously cannot have a conscience.

16. Boston Red Sox or New York Yankees?

Dodgers. I prefer to see the Damn Yankees lose, though, no matter who they're playing.

17. Have you ever been Ice Skating?

Yes, but not in several decades.

18. How often do you remember your dreams?

Frequently.

19. When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?

About five years ago. I was cutting up with several fellow Naval Reservists in Anchorage, AK. We were a tight group and expecting a new officer. When he arrived, Our Fearless Leader asked him, "Do you like to wrastle? Come on up to my room, then, 'cause I got the shower curtain on the floor and a whole bottle of Mazola oil!"

20. Can you name 5 songs by The Beatles?

I can name every song by The Beatles.

21. What's the one thing on your mind now?

OCD.

22. Do you know who Ghetto-ass Barbie is?

Isn't that the urban version of French Dungeon Barbie?

23. Do you always wear your seat belt?

Yes.

24. What cell service do you use?

Who the hell cares? Damn electronic leash, that's what it is.

25. Do you like Sushi?

As bait it's all right, but I prefer minnows or nightcrawlers.

26. Have you ever narrowly avoided a fatal accident?

More than once. The worst was when an ordnance supply ship decided it wanted to collide with my ship in the middle of the Atlantic.

27. What do you wear to bed?

A tee-shirt and boxers.

28. Been caught stealing?

Yes: when I was seven, I tried to shoplift some Pez. I was so humiliated that I learned my lesson, and haven't been caught thieving since, especially as an accomplished plagiarist.

29. What shoe size do you have?

8 1/2 in a standard shoe, 9 1/2 in a cowboy boot.

30. Do you truly hate anyone?

There are some folks I loathe and have homocidal ideation over.

31. Classic Rock or Rap?

There is no such thing as "classic" rock. That's like "classic" coke. The term is a marketing scam invented to differentiate music from the pre-British Invasion 60s and earlier from the popular music that followed thereafter, because we Baby Boomers don't like the term "oldies": it reminds us we're aging. Rock music is the primary symbol of our lost youth, but, like folk music, it can never be "classic" by its very nature. It's too democratic.

I do, however, like much of the popular music of my youth, which does not include rap, not at least of the hiphop variety.

32. If you could sleep with one famous person, who would it be?

Me. It would mean I was famous.

33. Favorite Song?

Anybody who has a favorite song has no taste.

34. Have you ever sang in front of the mirror?

Of course.

35. What food do you find disgusting?

Tripe and its variants.

36. Do you sing in the shower ?

Naturally.

37. Did you ever play, "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours"?

Only as far as swapping unpublished short stories with other writers.

38. Have you ever made fun of your friends behind their back?

Yes, but I always 'fess up.

39. Have you ever stood up for someone you hardly knew?

Yes. If you can't stand up for somebody you don't know, then you have no courage or no principles.

40. Have you ever been punched in the face?

Slapped is all. You don't want to hear about it.

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The horror!

Anything, O Anything, but a meme!

I kill with my heart, and my first target shall be this meme, and my method for doing so will be to not fill it out.

Although this one is more interesting than the typical "lyk hav u had ur first kisz??22 that plagues Xanga, a Land of Evil I have long forsaken.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Dian said...

Anders is obviously a person of discernment and intellect. What he is doing around here, I have no idea.

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment